12/13/2015 Board Meeting

VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATIONDecember 13, 2015 – Board Meeting

Meeting called to order: 6:09

ATTENDANCE:  Susan Hadlock, Jen Blackman, Harry Hadlock, Tim Leonard, Crystal Quinn, Rich Arnold, John Driesbaugh, Kevin Wheeler

SECRETARY REPORT

  • Copy of minutes distributed, Motion to accept - Tim, 2nd – John 

FINANCIALS

  • Damon e-mailed, U15s (Aline) need to pay, U8s (Cory) paid registration money, need Dome league fees and training fees, U12s (Dave) half haven’t paid, Scholastics – some not signed up, Some teams need to be reassigned in Damon’s spreadsheet, U16s are Eric Ryck not Rich Arnold, Motion to accept – Harry, 2nd - John

 REGISTRAR REPORT

  • Risk management – some still need to assign themselves to their teams
  • Clearances – Sue taking care of
  • Review of scholastic teams – looks like a lot more kids there than should be, Dave needs to collect money, insurance issue, As of tomorrow – if not registered, not playing, Already collected $50 registration, Charge girls $30 – starting this week, Caplan – Sunday nights free – exchange with Rich, Monday 8:00 – 9:00 – we’re paying for, Wednesday – Caplan not paying for, $25 extra
  • U4-U8 registration – price needed to open tomorrow - $40 U4,U5,U6 – games Saturday mornings – Christine, $75 U7,U8 – practice 2 nights Tuesdays 5:00 to 6:00, Fridays 5:15 – 6:15 Trainer – no cost, games Sundays, parents needed Sunday mornings, Rich to champion, fliers to schools, starting January 5th 

OLD BUSINESS

  • Outdoor Fields – 1 set nets left, ones to right, Kevin to take down, grass seed spread around goals
  • Pictures – indoor pics? Ask if wanted
  • Guthrie Grant – no news
  • Bylaws update – been being deferred
  • Paint machine – at Paxar, needs good cleaning, have motor
  • Realignment of age groups – discussion regarding U4s, age chart on US Soccer website
  • Field clock dedication – beginning of Fall rec, paint/flowers
  • E License review – 8 or 9 of our coaches went, 2 now not licensed, holding another class in Feb/March
  • Tag day for indoor - $2368 total
  • Other Old Business – none

New Business

  • Indoor time slots review – 6:30 to 7:30 goalie – collecting money? – Dave, no shooting clinic
  • GBSC tournament – no info, Harry to ask Bahij about
  • Fundraisers – Applebees after first of year, Stadium cards – Harry to look into, Brooks BBQ? – Rich to call
  • Paper towels – Too many being used/thrown away in women’s rest room, coaches talk to players
  • Al & Sherry’s uniforms/warmups and sweatshirts – feel out, was messy before, sweatshirts – long sleeve dry weave
  • Balls and cones – 18 size 3, 30 size 4, 20 size 5, cones – order as many as can get for free

Other New Business

  • Wrestlers start Monday – upper room
  • Training fees – keep track of missed sessions, Robbie – 2 Sundays to make up for missed sessions
  • E-License money from where? Split between travel/rec
  • Concession stand – need help, busy with wrestlers
  • Tom quit – John Driesbaugh/Jason Vilanti U10 coaches
  • Discussion had regarding how kids picked for teams
  • Harry feels Fall doesn’t need travel soccer

 

  • Next meeting – January 10th 6:00 Athens Township Fire Hall
  • Adjournment – 8:10 p.m.