8/9/2015 Board Meeting

VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATIONAugust 9th, 2015 – Board Meeting

Meeting called to order: 6:32 pm

ATTENDANCE:  Susan Hadlock, Jen Blackman, Harry Hadlock, John Driesbaugh, Tim Leonard, Damon Walker, Jan Vosburg, James Coles, Nichole Bradley, Victor Sholly, Brittany Frantz, Cody Frantz, Alden Chapman, Amanda Decker, Jerrod Brown, Barbara Decker, Gary Kleese, Judy Kleese, Lyndsay Coleman, Luke Nichols, John Champion, Darla Karabka, Lori Sutton, Crystal Quinn, Benjamin Tigue, Stan Armitage, Stacy Lee

INTRODUCTIONS

SECRETARY REPORT

  • Copy of minutes distributed, Motion to accept - John, 2nd - Tim 

FINANCIALS

  • Bill absent, didn’t get financials, Damon needs head count of players/teams to know how much should be in travel account, Keep 2 ledgers, Of $75 registration fee - $45 to Bill in Rec Acct. for Insurance, EPYSA fees, field maintenance, $30 to Damon in Travel Acct.

 REGISTRAR REPORT

  • Fall Start Up
    • Security update changes – little easier now, online – EPYSA.org, free but if charged send e-mail to VYSA for reimbursement
    • Census numbers – 483
    • Sponsorship – need 1 more field

OLD BUSINESS

  • Indoor Field Update – update to all and response? – Rich has verbally communicated to Harry and Dave of acceptance, need written agreement
  • Outdoor Fields – Little short/dry, Landscaping done, Signs – Harry needs metal to hold them up, They will be up permanently but can be moved, holes dug, allowance – up to $250.00 Motion to approve – Tim, 2nd – John
  • Pictures – All set, possibly last year of contract, pics scheduled for September 12th
  • Guthrie Grant – next meeting in September - Jen – will be done this week
  • Bylaws update – next meeting
  • Summer soccer camp update – 53 – Went well, Definitely do again next year, Worth the money
  • Field placement for U4-U8, practice field assignment – See picture, U15 practice – Tuesdays only, Travel – 3 nights, 3rd night must find own field, Have to share fields
  • Trainers for travel and rec
    • Travel: Boys – Monday 5:30-8:30 – Kevin, Travel Girls – Sunday 9:00-1:00 – Robbie
    • Rec: Coaches must be present and involved
      • Christina – U4 Wednesday 5:15 to 6:45, U5 Monday 5:15 to 6:45, U6 Thursday 5:15 to 6:45, U7 Tuesday 5:00 – 6:30
      • Alex – U10 girls Tuesday 5:15 to 6:45, U10 boys Thursday 5:15 to 6:45
        • Each age group will be split into two groups.  One group will arrive and train the first 45 minutes (5:15-6:00) with trainer then second group will arrive and train the last 45 minutes (6:00-6:45). After respective 45 minute training session, players released to coaches to a field next to training field to have a 15 minute small sided scrimmage working on the items the trainer worked on that night.  Coaches will be in charge of this.  Coaches intermingle players.  Assigned teams do not matter. Each group will be there for 1 hour on their training night, 5:15-6:15 or 6:00-7:00 determined by Age Group Coordinator
  • Cory – U8 Wednesday 6:00 – 7:30
  • Alex – U12 boys/girls Thursday 6:45 – 8:15, U15 boys/girls Tuesday 6:45 – 8:15
  • Starts August 24th for 9 weeks
  • GBUFC/Valley – NYSW – Bahij pushing for Valley Satellite/Oneonta Satellite, Jen – Good opportunity for us, Easy answer for Spring, Furthering things for our kids
  • Fundraisers
    • Tag day – Saturday after Labor Day – U7 and above
    • Applebees
    • Other – coupon book/deck of cards – look into
  • Outdoor storage – pole structure is up, needs roof

Other Old Business

  • Indoor Sponsor pics – Jan to print, Once ready Tim will take to them
  • LED Clock – solar powered, not over $1,000 – already approved, Not a scoreboard, Middle of fields  

New Business

  • Concussion – Coaches need to understand, Sue will review, Paper to sign, Don’t let player or parent sway decision
  • Safety – fields, thunder, goals, benches – No children on goals/nets, Thunder – 30 minutes off field, Better to be in shed than pavilion, Benches are not to play on, Don’t throw rocks or put in port a johns, No dogs, No smoking, No alcohol – District 16 policies
  • Paint machine – saves money but hard to maintain/keep functioning, Sue to handle – will help teach, Saves $1,500/yr.
  • Reschedule of work bee – August 15th, 8:00 a.m.
  •  Protection of fields – goal area – Do not practice in front of goals, Mess by end of season
  • Placement of no trespassing signs – All up, Have to have up for insurance, Put on side of blue shed
  • Coaching needs – U12 only age group picked yet, Way behind, U4 has 6, U5 good, U6 good, U7 needs 1, U8 has 4 of 8, U10 needs 1 boy and 1 girl, U12 good, U15 good
  • Good of the game/club – When the board votes, majority rules, Live with the vote, Don’t change mind, say you didn’t agree, Can’t go behind board/out in public saying you disagree. We are a board, Have to do what’s best for all. Next year board will be voting in travel coaches

Other New Business  

  • Code of conduct – District 16, Jen to forward, Signed by all parents/players/coaches
  • Kevin – referee class – coaches can come to learn
  • U12 tournament – October 3rd, 4th – Valley, U10 tournament – September 26th, 27th – Troy, U15 tournament – Northeast
  • Games – First games Saturday August 29th
    • Times: Saturdays U4 10:00, U5 11:00, U6 1:00, U7 2:30, U8 4:00

Sundays U10, U12, U15 1:00, 2:30, 4:00

  • Next meeting – September 13th 6:30 at fields, 2nd pavilion
  • Adjournment – 7:36 p.m. – public, 8:29 p.m. – board