10/26/14 Board Meeting

VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION

Oct 26th, 2014

 

Meeting called to order at 6:39 pm

 

ATTENDANCE:   Doug Quinn, John Heather Westbrook,  Damon Walker, Tim Leonard, Dave McIsaac, Rich Arnold, Eric McRoberts, Jan Vosburg, Harry Hadlock, Jen Blackman, Sue Hadlock, Bill Carmalt, Alden Chapman, Mike Bull

 

UPDATE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

  • Rich Arnold to update board of director list and give to Bill Carmalt

 

BOY SCOUT PROJECT

  • New parking area is landscaped and the railroad timbers are installed
  • Project is finished

 

SECRETARY REPORT

  • Minutes are posted on website
  • Motion to accept the minutes made by Alden Chapman and accepted by Mike Bull

 

FINANCIALS

  • Bill Carmalt updated all of the clubs financials as of October 26th, 2014
  • Rich to add financials onto website
  • Motion to approve financials made by Mike Bull and 2nd by Alden Chapmen

 

VYSA OFFICIAL LOGO

  • Rich to add an administration page onto our website with our logo’s

 

REFINANCING

  • Questions came up on why the refinance interest rate was so high?
  • Current interest rate is 6.25% and this will go down to 5.50%. 
  • We are going to refinance the land loan out to 20 years (we had 8 years left on current loan)
  • The refinance was pursued to reduce our loan payments to free up money to spend on field improvements
  • Payments to remain roughly the same as it currently is.
  • Motion made by Mike Bull to make $500 payments every two weeks.  Jan Vosburg 2nd the motion

FALL REGISTRATION

  • Fall registration #’s ended at 551 for the 2014 fall season

 

 

INDOOR REGISTRATION

  • 118 registered for indoor as of October 26th, 2014
  • Jen Blackman to send out fliers to daycares

 

FIELD MAINTENANCE

  • Going well
  • Paint machine was working well for the year and it saved us money.  We used less than $500 in paint this year.
  • Fields have some holes in the fields.

 

CONCESSION STAND

  • $800 received from coaches (20% of the total)

 

U12 TOURNAMENT

  • Went well
  • Lots of sweatshirts were sold
  • Pictures never were put in Morning Times

 

SCOREBOARD

  • Bill Carmalt asking whether we should have a scoreboard?
  • Harry Hadlock is going to work towards getting a scoreboard for the fields and not using VYSA funds to do it.
  • Bill Carmalt stated that a scoreboard goes against VYSA principles and he feels strongly that it doesn’t benefit the kids.
  • Damon recommended that we consider something other than a scoreboard.
  • Discussion has been tabled. 

 

EQUIPMENT

  • All equipment to be left by blue barn
  • Sue to send out an email to remind the coaches to return the equipment

 

SHOE RACK

  • Dave McIsaac to make a shoe rack for different shoe sizes

 

STATELINE GOALS

  • Bill Carmalt to make a $850 offer (less $100 for transport by Sutty’s) for the State Line goals
  • Rich Arnold makes the motion; Alden 2nd the motion

 

 

 

ASSISTANT TREASURER

  • Bill Carmalt is recommending that we have an assistant treasurer for travel
  • Damon will be the assistant treasurer and need to get with Bill Carmalt to define the details

 

SPRING TOURNAMENT ON VYSA FIELDS

  • Brandy McRoberts and Jen Blackman asks to sponsor a tournament in the spring.
  • Jen Blackman makes motion to explore the options for a spring tournament; Bill Carmalt 2nd the motion

 

W&J GRAPHICS

  • Coaches will need to pick up their shirts and jackets
  • Rich Arnold & Jen Blackman to send out email to people that ordered shirts

 

INDOOR TRAVEL

  • U8 games on Sundays 12pm-5pm
  • U4-U6 games on Saturday mornings from
  • Rec Players
    • Rec players cost = $75/players (U4-U12)
    • Tuesday and Thursday practices
    • Valley is paying for one practice/week
  • Open House
    • Wednesday, October 29th from 6-8pm

 

NEXT MEETING

  • Sunday, December 7th at 6:30pm