10/5/14 Board Meeting

VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION

Oct 5th, 2014

 

Meeting called to order at 6:35 pm

 

ATTENDANCE:   Harry Hadlock, Sue Hadlock, Alden Chapman, Rich Arnold, Kevin Wheeler, Tim Leonard, Eric McRoberts, Doug Quinn, Crystal Quinn, Mike Bull, Alden Chapman,

Jan Vosburg, Dave McRoberts, Josh Roe, Tom Briggs, Ben Tigue

          

EAGLE SCOUT PROJECT:

  • Budget = $200
  • Jacob Owen
  • Project is to build another parking area lined with timbers
  • Drawing provided.  Identical to the other parking area
  • Completion Date: Before November 1st
  • Plants are bought and ready to be planted
  • Motion to purchase timbers by Mike Bull; 2nd by Alden & Jan Vosburg

 

SECRETARY REPORT:  Minutes on Website

 

FIELD MAINTENANCE REPORT

  • New goals were assembled by Tim Leonard
  • Fertilizing is done
  • Trying to finish irrigation

 

FINANCIAL REPORT:

  • There is money in bank (Approximately $35k) plus COD

 

NATURAL GAS LEASING

  • We approved $2,000/acre @ 20% royalties to EOG

 

REGISTRAR REPORT

  • Indoor registration will be up on the website this week.  Waiting for Demosphere to update the correct link

 

OLD BUSINESS

  • Ray Jones asked to remove the water lines before mowing
  • Ray Jones is not interested in submitting a price to paint the fields

 

CONCESSION STAND

  • Not royalty money distributed, yet
  • Concession sales seems to be slower than normal
  • Donnie Ingham and Hoyt Bailey run the concession stand (Coaches Pizza)

 

VOLUNTEERS

  • VYSA doesn’t have enough volunteers and we are having a tough time finding more volunteers. 
  • Todays             board meeting attendance is excellent
  • Todays VYSA board is larger than anytime in the past.
  • VYSA is one of the only organizations that has its own facility and has a mortgage.

 

REFINANCING OPTION

  • VYSA is considering to refinance the existing loan.
  • First Citizens is the bank
  • Rate will go from 6.25% to 5.50% interest
  • Approximate principal is $80k
  • Want to refinance to 20 years which will cut the payment from $11,792.16 to $7,194.86
  • Rich Arnold motions to do the refinance; Jan Vosburg to 2nd

 

U12 TOURNAMENT

  • Harry needs a field painted
  • Tournament will be over Columbus Day weekend
  • Mike Bull won’t be able to help with the tournament this year
  • Brandy McRoberts to organize the tournament this year

 

PICTURES

  • They are in, but not distributed

 

FIELD WEAR AND TEAR

  • Fields have a lot of wear and tear in front of the goals
  • Kids are throwing rocks onto fields

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

INDOOR REGISTRATION FEES

  • $75 fees are needed to pay for utilities
  • $75 for training fees
  • One training session for rec per week
  • Trainer is unknown

 

INDOOR REC TOURNAMENT

 

 

INDOOR SPONSOR COORDINATOR

  • Tim Leonard is going to champion the effort
  • Rich Arnold 1st motion
  • Dave McIsaac 2nd the motion
  • Tim’s goal is ten (10) sponsors for indoor soccer
  • Potential Sponsors
    • Joes Automotive
    • Candlewood Motel

 

Scout project needs to update to show money was not given to Jacob

 

GOALIE TRAINING

  • Dave McIsaac to do the goalie training again this year on Sunday’s

 

SCOREBOARD

  • Harry is recommending that we buy a portable scoreboard for the fields
  • Rich saw that there is a scoreboard on Ebay for $1,000
  • Budget = $2,000

 

NEXT MEETING

  • October 26th @ 6:30pm