VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION
June 29th, 2014
ATTENDANCE: Harry Hadlock, Sue Hadlock, Alden Chapman, Rich Arnold, Kevin Wheeler, Tim Leonard, Eric McRoberts, Doug Quinn
Meeting called to order at 6:04 pm
SECRETARY REPORT: June 1st Minutes on Website
ACCEPTING OF June 1stTH MINUTES: Motion: Rich Arnold 2nd by Tim Leonard
FINANCIAL REPORT: None
REGISTRAR REPORT: 431 kids signed up for rec soccer so far
- Need to install field rules sign at entrance (Add “Play at own risk”).
- All fields have been aerated.
- Need to straighten railroad ties along entrance
FUNDRAISERS: No activity
- July 28th – Aug 1st
- 5pm-8pm evenings
- Jen Blackman to champion the summer camp
- U8 and below – 2hrs per day
- U9 and above – 3hrs per day
- $75 cost for U9 and above
- $50 cost for U8 and below
- Sign-up on demosphere website
- W&J to make camp shirts
WEBSITE & FACEBOOK:
FALL REC UPDATE:
- Team sponsors are coming in, but still need roughly ten more. Harry Hadlock to work on
- Field sponsors are at two, but need a total of 11 field sponsors. Rich Arnold to work on
- Shirt Bids being gathered by Harry Hadlock
- Soccer Balls: Nothing to report
- Volunteer Coaches: Girls side especially need coaches
INDOOR FACILITY UPDATES: Engineering evaluation finished and roof needs to be ripped off and re-built for third field. Tear-off to begin in mid July.
TRAINERS: Henry Keventon and Robbie Dickinson will be the primary trainers for this coming fall session.
ADULT PICKUP: Outside unless weather is bad, then Paxar.
FALL TRAVEL BOYS SOCCER TRY-OUTS
- Try-outs going well
- Hope to have 80+ travel players on seven different teams
- All teams expected to play in Broome County league
WINTER SESSION START DATE: November 1st
FALL TRAVEL BOYS SOCCER TRY-OUTS
- Try-outs are scheduled for the end of June and early July, but the dates are not finalized. Each age group will have at least two try-outs
- The boys will be evaluated by a minimum of three coaches to make sure that the try-outs are done in a fair and unbiased manner
- Kids from other towns are allowed to try-out
- Boys from lower age groups are allowed to try-out for the older age groups.
- We will hold three separate try-outs for the boys teams: U10 (U8-U10), U12 (U11&U12), and U14 (U13&U14).
- Our preference is to have a team at the U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, and U14 age groups, if possible. If an odd age group doesn’t have enough players for a team then that age group will be eliminated and those boys will need to try-out for the next older age group.
- The teams will be playing:
- U8 Team U10 division Parent Coach: TBD
- U9 Team U10 division Parent Coach: Tom Briggs
- U10 Team U10 division Parent Coach: Josh Roe
- U11 Team U12 division Parent Coach: Dave McIsaac
- U12 Team U12 division Parent Coach: Eric Ryck
- U13 Team U14 division Parent Coach: Rich Arnold
- U14 Team U14 division Parent Coach: TBD
FALL BOYS TRAVEL TRAINING
- All boys teams will have three training sessions per week for the fall season.
- The training sessions will be on Mon, Wed, and Fri evenings
- Monday training sessions will be run by Robbie Dickinson and Henry Keventon. Parent coaches are expected to participate in the training. The U8-U10 boys teams will train from 5:15pm-6:45pm on Mondays. The U11-U14 boys will train from 6:30pm-8:30pm on Mondays.
- Wednesday training sessions will also be run by Robbie Dickinson and Henry Keventon. Parent coaches are expected to participate in the training. The U8-U10 boys teams will train from 5:15pm-6:45pm on Wednesdays. The U11-U14 boys will train from 6:30pm-8:30pm on Wednesdays.
- Parent coaches will run their own training sessions on Fridays with their team
FALL BOYS TRAVEL GAMES
- All teams will play in the Broome County League
- Games begin on Sept 6th and run through October 26th
FALL TRAVEL BOYS COSTS (GIRLS TEAMS TBD)
VYSA Registration Fee = $75
EPYSA Fee = $28
Referee Fee = $35
Trainer Fees = $73
TOTAL COST FOR FALL TRAVEL SOCCER = $211/player
FOOD VENDORS: Alden Chapman delivered new contract for Coach’s to sell food. Waiting for contract to be signed.
Meeting adjourned 8:25 pm
Next meeting: July 27th, 2014 at 6:00 pm